Bulk Homotaurine powder CAS NO:3687-18-1 high purity best price
Taurine amino acid
1. Appearance: Our taurine is a white crystal or crystalline powder.
2. Statutory No: CAS No. 107-35-7
3. Molecular formula: C2H7NO3S
4. Molecular weight: 125.15
5. Product specification:
|Characteristics||White crystalline powder,odorless||White crystalline powder,odorless|
|Loss on drying||≤0.4%||0.09%|
|Residue on ignition||≤0.1%||0.06%|
6. Packaging:25kg/paper plastic complex bag,or according to order.
7. Storage: Preserve in well-closed,container,store in cool, dry place.
8. Shelf life: in conform to the specified storage conditions and packaging is
complete, shelf life is 2 years.
9. Usage: (1) taurine is regularly used as an ingredient in energy drinks.
(2) taurine is essential for cardiovascular function, and
development and function of skeletal muscle, the retina, and the
central nervous system.
Taurine is an organic acid widely distributed in animal tissues. It
is a major constituent of bile and can be found in the large
intestine, and accounts for up to 0.1% of total human body weight.
Taurine has many fundamental biological roles, such as conjugation
of bile acids, antioxidation, osmoregulation, membrane
stabilization, and modulation of calcium signaling. It is essential
for cardiovascular function, and development and function of
skeletal muscle, the retina, and the central nervous system.
Taurine is unusual among biological molecules in being a sulfonic
acid, while the vast majority of biologically occurring acids
contain the more weakly acidic carboxyl group. While taurine is
sometimes called an amino acid, and indeed is an acid containing an
amino group, it is not an amino acid in the usual biochemical
meaning of the term, which refers to compounds containing both an
amino and a carboxyl group.